|||
you're reading...
Other works, Uncategorized

Where were you when you heard the news?

Perhaps the biggest news story of the year, if not the decade, was broken by a twitter nearly two hours prior to the official government announcement, and a full hour before the US media confirmed the news. Where were you when you heard the news that Osama Bin Laden, perpetrator of the 9/11 attacks that left some 3,000 souls dead,  met his end with the piercing of a bullet?
Here are what some of my friends on Facebook said
Yesterday at 9:07pm · ·
    • Leslie RangelWatching CSI Miami… I was actually good :-/

Yesterday at 9:08pm
    • Heather FordLaying in bed watching american dad until the breaking news came up. you?

Yesterday at 9:08pm ·
    • Edgar R. VelizWriting a paper that I proably wont finish now.

Yesterday at 9:09pm ·
    • Esteban L. HernandezI was on Twitter, that’s why I found out so soon. And Edgar, haha I was actually about to start writing a paper as well…

Yesterday at 9:11pm · · 1 person
    • Thomas ManionSitting in my living room, trying to figure out what to watch after Iron Chef. Turns out it’s the news.

Yesterday at 9:11pm ·
    • Melissa GutierrezAlso on Twitter, switching between that and reading past Psychology Today blog posts when I saw my timeline go nuts and asked Mom to change the TV to a news channel.

Yesterday at 9:16pm ·
    • Francisco GonzalezI was watching nuestra belleza latina lol when univiision interrupted the program

Yesterday at 9:24pm ·
    • Maxine Marti BrumerI was watching CNN already and waited over an hour for Obama’s speech. it was very emotional, i agree

Yesterday at 10:15pm ·